Welcome to our website "storiesofitaly.com".
The Data Controller is Stories of Italy which is headquartered at
via San Francesco d’Assisi, 15
20122 – Milano, Italy.
For any further information on the processing of personal data or to exercise yourrights, you can contact us:
by sending a written request to: Stories of Italy, Via San Francesco d’Assisi 15,20122 Milano, Italia
by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
by phone at: +39 02 8728 7761
Personal Data and Processing
A personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable naturalperson; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly,in particular by reference to an identifier such as, for example, a name, an identificationnumber, location data or an online identifier.With processing we mean any operation which is performed on personal data, whetheror not by automated means, such as, for example, the collection, recording,organisation, structuring, storage, consultation, erasure or destruction.
Why we process your personal data and how we do that
Your personal data is processed using primarily electronic and telematic means by Stories of Italy and by other parties who, having been appropriately selected for theirreliability and expertise, perform operations which are instrumental to pursuingpurposes that are strictly related to use of the web site, its services and to thepurchasing of products through the web site.In general, the data is processed to perform the following services, which are availableby accessing our site:
Browsing the website
While browsing the website, we collect information about your IP address andanonymous data that are used only for statistical and analytical purposes, to evaluatethe functioning of our website and improve navigation quality and experience.The legal basis for the processing of the above-mentioned personal data is a legitimateinterest of the Data Controller.
Browsing the Reserved Area
Purchase as Visitor
Contact us form
The contact us form asks you to enter the email and the message.The contact us form allows us to provide you the information you may request aboutour products and services. The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but any refusal to provide us such datawill carry with the impossibility to process the request.The legal basis for the processing of the above-mentioned personal data is yourconsent.
The subscribe to our newsletter service can be done by entering your email address.This service allows us to submit you personalised offers related to our products andservices. If you no longer wish to receive our news and promotions, you can easilyunsubscribe from this service via the unsubscribe link in each newsletter.The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but any refusal to provide us such datawill carry with the impossibility to process the request.The legal basis for the processing of the above-mentioned personal data is yourconsent We inform you that Stories of Italy may process your personal data without obtainingyour consent when this is needed to perform a legal obligation or when this isnecessary to perform the obligations that have been contractually assumed towardsyou.
Disclosure of your personal data and Third Parties
As part of our activities and for the purposes specified above, your personal data can beshared with:
- DHL Express S.r.l., which handles the processing of data needed to performshipping, delivery and returns for products purchased on our web site
- BITsense Sagl, for processing data concerning management and servermaintenance services
- Third Parties services (e.g. payment processors such as Banca Sella S.p.A. orPayPal).The updated list of all Data Processors is available at Stories of Italy’s headquarters; forfurther details, please contact our Customer Care by phone or e-mail.
Protecting children’s privacy
Our website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16. We do not verify theage of our users. If you have less then 16 years old, please seek the permission of a parent or guardianbefore using our website. If we discover that a child has created an account on ourwebsite, we will immediately delete the account as soon as we discover it; we will notuse the information for any purpose, and we will not disclose the information to thirdparties. However, as parent of such a child, the user understand that s/he is legallyliable for any transactions created by the child.
Storing and Transmission of your personal data
Your personal data will not be stored or transferred abroad to countries that do notbelong to the European Union, or which do not provide adequate levels of personalprotection. In the event this is necessary to provide you with services, or to enter into a contractwith Stories of Italy to purchase products, we assure you that the transfer of yourpersonal data to countries which do not belong to the European Union or which do notprovide an adequate level of protection shall be performed only prior to the signing ofspecific contracts between Stories of Italy and said parties in accordance with theapplicable law and regulations.
Retention of your personal data
Rights of the data subject
You always have the right to obtain confirmation from Stories of Italy as to whether ornot personal data concerning you are processed, and, where that is the case, you havethe following data protection rights:
- to access to your personal data and information about the purposes of theprocessing; the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will bedisclosed; where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data willbe stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- to object, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning you;
- to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you if they are no longernecessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwiseprocessed, if you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based or ifthe personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- to obtain restriction of processing, when available;
- to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in astructured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right totransmit those data to another Data Controller without hindrance from us;
the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.You may exercise your rights freely and at any time:
- using the contact details provided in the paragraph "Data Controller"
- accessing to your Reserved Area, and selecting "GDPR - Personal Data"
- contacting the Italian Data Protection Authority (www.garanteprivacy.it).